Have NetGear USB Control Center 

Software Version:  1.36

Driver Version:  1.83.0

Laptop:

HP 250 G5 Notebook PC

Windows 10 Home

Version:  20H2

OS Build:  19042.1110

This has been working fine for past 2 years.  Just noticed today that I cannot access printer and drive.  When I log in to router, the printer or drive does not show up; USB Control Center shows nothing connected.  I have re-installed software for control center & printer as well as cold booted router and computer several times with no change.  I viewed a post about page 53 in manual but do not have a USB settings under the Avanced /Advanced Setup (see attached screenshot).  I also have un-plugged & plugged in the printer & drive USB cables.  The drive lights up as it should & the printer comes on and goes through it's check.

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Cable Modem Voice Router

Have you powered OFF both modem and the attached devices for 1 minute then back ON? 

Try a factory reset on the modem and setup from scratch? 

Do you know if the modem FW was updated recently? 

Contact the Mfrs for these two device for additional help and support information regarding there products. 

Message 2 of 4
cadguy82
Aspirant

I have powered off all devices for more than 5 minutes but the result is the same.

I have executed a factory reset and the result is the same.

The firmware cannot be updated.  When I go to the download area and put in model number, it says 

• Firmware/Software not available for this model.

I even found a different printer and connected it but the result is the same.

I have attached 2 screen shots of ready share from the Gateway for the router.

The top one is ready share showing no USB storage even though a drive is connected.

The bottom one is after I select the ready share printing, the screen comes up as if no printer is connected even though one is.

This may mean nothing but, if the printer was turned off, I could not access the USB drive.  If the power went out for any period of time long enough for the printer to shut off then came back on, I could not access the USB drive until I turned the printer on.

This worked fine before and nother has changed.  I'm beginning to wonder if the USB part of the router is bad.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I presume the printer and other USB devices work connected to a PC? 

I would make contact with NG support about this. 

@DarrenM 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7