Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk C7100V Comcast Extreme Pro 400Mbps - not getting the speed hard wired

shawnpwilson
Aspirant

Nighthawk C7100V Comcast Extreme Pro 400Mbps - not getting the speed hard wired

I just upgraded to comcast extreme pro 400Mbps and am not getting the full speed thru the modem with a direct hard wired connection.

It peeks anywhere from 250-275.via speedtest.net.  comcast tech visited my home with their modem and the speed is there thru their modem... I saw it peek to 500Mbps... so they are definitely pumping out the bandwidth.  The c7100v modem is correctly registered with comcast with correct provisioning according to them.  They suggested calling netgear for support to see why the c7100v only gets up to 275.  Any one else have similar issue with their c7100v with comcast and their extreme pro 400Mbps package?  Any help is much appreciated. I am on firmware v2.01.33

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk C7100V Comcast Extreme Pro 400Mbps - not getting the speed hard wired

What tool are you using to test? 

Is comcast sure it is provisioned on 400 Mbps config file?

Please post your event log and connection table. If you have lot of uncorrectables, then that may explain the problem. 

Message 2 of 6
doobydew
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk C7100V Comcast Extreme Pro 400Mbps - not getting the speed hard wired

I am having the same issue. My upload speed is capped at 7 MBPS as well.

Message 3 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

pls post your event logs and connection table.

Message 4 of 6
shawnpwilson
Aspirant

I think I posted a false alarm... when I was testing I was hitting speedtest.xfinity.com using IE and MS Edge browsers (with norton security plugins).  When I changed to using Google Chrome browser with no plugins I saw it peaked over 400 averaging about 350)... I'm sure there are probably other small factors (ie time of day, pc, etc) that may not let me see the full 400 consistently all the time.

Message 5 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

thanks for update. glad you can see higher speeds.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series