Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk C7800 power cycling on roughly 2 minute intervals

Wolfs_Shield
Aspirant

Nighthawk C7800 power cycling on roughly 2 minute intervals

AC3200 Nighthawk C7800 - other data unknown (such as firmware)

Recently moved, went several months without internet, now at a place with a COX box not more than ten yards from where I want to put my modem/router.  When I initially connected everything seemed fine, we have Wi-Fi but no internet. Called up COX and got the account activated and they started remotely messing with the modem.

Then they said they would have to send out a technician (at $100), to finish set up. Never had them have to do that before.  Now when I try to get into the modem and router configurations using the 192.168.0.1, I was getting disconnected before I could do anything.  Thought it was because their end was still sending reset commands, so I unplugged the cable.  Initially I made some progress, but then it started cycling power even after I disconnected it from the cable.

I double checked nothing was incidentally pressing the reset button, and that seems clear. 

Sadly, I'm just outside the 1 year manufacturers warranty, but this is the first time I bought a modem and it hasn't worked flawlessly for several years.

Any ideas on how to get it to stop power cycling?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk C7800 power cycling on roughly 2 minute intervals

What FW version is on the modem if you can find out from the modems web page. 

Can you copy and paste the Cable Connections page long enough to capture and post here in the forums? 

https://kb.netgear.com/30007/How-do-I-obtain-the-cable-connection-information-from-a-NETGEAR-cable-m...

And if you can, get the events logs page? 
https://kb.netgear.com/30008/How-do-I-view-or-clear-the-event-logs-on-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mode...

Try this with the ISP coax line connected...

Might check the power adapter for voltage and amps at the tip with a meter if you have one. 

Message 2 of 3
Wolfs_Shield
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk C7800 power cycling on roughly 2 minute intervals

Firmware Version

V6.01.07

However, the event log keeps saying it took too long to respond and shows me nothing.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7