Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk CAX80 - Cannot connect

BenjaminStump
Aspirant

Nighthawk CAX80 - Cannot connect

I cannot connect to the Nighthawk CAX80 even with a hardwired/ethernet connection. Most of the LEDs (besides the top 4) stay off no matter what. I've only had it for 7 months (still under hardware warranty) and I'm thinking that it is busted; however, when I try to submit a hardware warranty ticket, the site bugs out. What are the options for me? This thing was quite expensive to be so flimsy and have no support. I've already tried factory reset and power cycling.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk CAX80 - Cannot connect

Try a 30/30/30 reset on it with the ISP coax cable disconnected from the modem.

FYI:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/NOTICE-Users-with-sudden-non-functioning-CAX80...

Message 2 of 4
BenjaminStump
Aspirant

Thank you but the factory reset didn't help. I have already sent a group PM to both of those community members. Out of curiosity, is the hardware warranty generally broken or it that just for me?
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe this is something new and not HW related. Not really sure why a rash of good working CAX80s all of a sudden stop working. Your not the only one. Hoping NG can find a cause for this. I have mine online however it's in modem mode. Sparklight ISP here. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7