Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk CAX80 male barrel connector power plug size

FlatheadLake
Guide

Nighthawk CAX80 male barrel connector power plug size

What size is the size of the male barrel connector on the DC power cable that comes with the CAX80 modem/router?  It appears to be 7 to 7.4mm outer diameter, 5 to 5.1mm inner diameter.  Does anyone know the actual size.  The inner diameter should match the pim size of the connector input jack on the modem/router.  

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
My_Username
Guide

Re: Nighthawk CAX80 male barrel connector power plug size

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try looking at the spec sheet or the user manual to see if the plug size is listed. Or take a dial caliper measuring device to check the size. 

Message 2 of 7
FlatheadLake
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Try looking at the spec sheet or the user manual to see if the plug size is listed. Or take a dial caliper measuring device to check the size. 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Thank you, FURRYe38, I have gone through all of the documentation thoroughly, as have the Netgear Support people I have spoken with, to no avail.  I will look for a caliper and give that a shot, but I am still hoping to get the official statement from Netgear.  Even just knowing the diameter of the pin in the input connector on the CAX80 router/modem would help.  Thanks again. 

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd contact a forum moderator to see if they can help as well:

@DarrenM 

Message 4 of 7
My_Username
Guide

7.4mm/5.1mm

Message 5 of 7
FlatheadLake
Guide

Thank  you so much!  One Netgear support person responded with the same size, 7.4 OD, 5.1 ID. I will proceed with this and see how it goes.  As a note however another Netgear support person responded that it was 7.9 OD and 5.5 ID.  This seemed too large base on the best MM stick measurements I could execute short of a caliper. I am also only findinng cunnectors available at 7.4mm OD and and even 5.0mm ID.  I have orded two different brandsnat this 5.0mm ID size and will report back how it fits.  Thank you again and to all others who have replied!

Message 6 of 7
FlatheadLake
Guide

I see that 7.4mm OD, 5.1mm ID is the Industry Recognized Mating Diameter and 7.4mm OD, 5.0mm ID is the actual diameter.  So as I am learning more, all is good there.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7