Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk c7000 Firmware V1.01.28

ZeroC00l
Luminary

Nighthawk c7000 Firmware V1.01.28

So here we go again, new firmware but no way of updating it because the izzy has control over our firmware for of which we bought our own product. This is BS if you ask me and I am not happy about it.

We spend our own money on this equipment and we cannot do what we want with it because the kitty says so.

You can blame Netgear or ISP I don't give a rats, I have been through this before and Netgear vs ISP, no one wants to take responsibiltiy for it, that's the bottom line.

Maybe I should be a nazi and take control?

Corp thugs, things change more they stay the same.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
rebop
Tutor

This is the only thread i have found on this. My push from Comcast was last night.

Anyone know or know where to find what changed in this build? I am chcking the email function which was tied to port 25. Cannot see any other differences.

~Bob

Message 2 of 6
ZeroC00l
Luminary

I don't know why Netgear continue to show us what versions their are and we have no option to update it. This is ridiculous. When I nearly pay 200.00 for a product, their product I should have the option to know what the firmware fixes and update my firmware.

I don't care if they throw that BS statement, oh well only the cable provider can update it. That's a load of crap.

At least before someone buys it, you should make a warning label stating only firmware can be updated through your Internet service provider.

When I buy something it's mine, but obviously it isn't because only they can update.

I am not going to buy another Netgear because of it, one I wansn't told before buying this by anyone.

If I had known I would have bought just a router. I don't know whats wrong with corp thugs these days but they feel the need to control us and what WE buy and give little to no options.

We pay their bills, we put food on their table for their families to eat, if it wern't for us the consumer, they wouldn't have jobs period.

It's not right you got 2 thugs in a ring fighting while the spectator is in the middle after paying for a product.

All I get from both sides is, ISP says, oh we can't update it, you must download the firmware from Netgear.

Netgear says, Oh well only your ISP can upgrade your firmware.

I feel like I paid to watch a fight and got screwed over money for buying this product.

I don't want to hear BS from both sides, I wan't it fixed, I paid for it, with my own money, Netgear / ISP didn't pay for it. I did.

What about our security concerns Netgear? What about the bug fixes Netgear? Your care so much you post it on the GD website but you don't give us the option to update? WTH?

But you don't care for the well being of the consumer(s) security and bug fixes?

We have to sit here and wait until god knows when or maybe when we get hacked because of a feature you fixed or a bug.

How do we know? you didn't tell us. But I forgot, you post it on your website, hence LOOK, UPDATE.....

How Pathetic. You should be ashamed Netgear, PERIOD.... No excuses. PERIOD

Message 3 of 6
rebop
Tutor

No change - email still wamnts ONLY Port 25 which no one has any longer.

Still have the same DDoS attacks froma changed IP address from any iPhone.

So the biggest issues at least they could care less about.

I agree. This is my last Netgear product. no more NAS's. No more Routers. No more Gateways. Nothing.

~Bob

Message 4 of 6
ZeroC00l
Luminary

Yea that's just it, Netgear seems not to care considering they hardly respond to any posts on the forums here. It's like they don't even care at all. They wan't to make the quick buck quick but when it comes to helping you get the middle finger.

Message 5 of 6
Sandgroper
Aspirant

I regret buying this product. No way to update the software and the same software that it shipped with 2 years ago despite the multiple known vulnerabilities. I will never buy another Netgear product.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7