Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No TV

Rgaryr
Follower

No TV

I have a new NIGHTHAWK AC1900 modem plus router and though I do have internet connection for laptop I cannot connect to my TV

Message 1 of 2

Re: No TV

@Rgaryr wrote:

I have a new NIGHTHAWK AC1900 modem plus router and though I do have internet connection for laptop I cannot connect to my TV

Sadly, it is impossible to diagnose your problem with the information you provide.

For a start, what is your router?

AC1900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

The there is the TV. What is it?

How are you trying to connect the TV? Wifi? Wired?

What have you done to get it to work? What happens when you try?

Connecting a TV to the network is usually best done through the TV's controls and set up routine. The router rarely does much more than spit out the wifi signal. It is then down to the TV to do its thing.

Where possible, it is usually easier to use a wired connection from the router to the TV. It is easier to set up and less likely to fall over. If you can't run Ethernet cables around the place, you could look into Powerline Ethernet. It turns your mains wiring into an Ethernet circuit.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7