Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RMA Process Complaint

Laura_82
Aspirant

RMA Process Complaint

Product: AX2700 DOCSIS 3.1 WiFi Cable Modem Router(CAX30)

I wanted to take a moment to voice my dissatisfaction with your current RMA process.  I purchased a netgear cable modem/router over the standard unit provided by our cable company due to the reputation and reliability of netgear products.  The unit ended up having a hardware issue and was replaced under warranty.  I don't find it acceptable that I had to pay a return fee for a unit that malfunctioned.  I currently rely on this unit for work, so I could not select the cheapest option, and I had to use the 1-day shipping option to receive the new unit and have minimal downtime with my job.  If the unit is defective, the shipping should not fall on the customer - especially when you pay top dollar for the product to not fail in the first place!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RMA Process Complaint

A couple things. 

1. we're the public support forum where members of the public help out. We're not netgear. 

2. The warranty info is on the site. I believe it is also on the documentation for it. As much as it sucks, it isn't hidden. 

HARDWARE WARRANTY | PRODUCTS COVERED BY WARRANTY | NETGEAR

3. AGain, putting it on here so others know is a good thing as it can help others who're wondering about warranty/rma issues. But if you're wanting results, your best bet is support and/or a supervisor on there. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. we're the public support forum where members of the public help out. We're not netgear. 

2. The warranty info is on the site. I believe it is also on the documentation for it. As much as it sucks, it isn't hidden. 

HARDWARE WARRANTY | PRODUCTS COVERED BY WARRANTY | NETGEAR

3. AGain, putting it on here so others know is a good thing as it can help others who're wondering about warranty/rma issues. But if you're wanting results, your best bet is support and/or a supervisor on there. 

Message 2 of 3
Laura_82
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. I know this is just a public forum, but I wanted just put it out there in case others don't realize the process (and vent).
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7