Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Fix your firmware

myersw
Master

@microchip8

Could not have said it better. NG cannot get firmware right on existing routers so try to get us to run to the new shinny router. I think not.

IMHO NG = No Good = do not buy or recommend. 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @myersw,

We greatly appreciate your participation in the NETGEAR Community and the feedback that is expressed here. We are continually working to address reported issues and would like an opportunity to work with you directly.  We have moved your message to the Cable Modem community so others may benefit from this discussion. We request that you provide more details on your specific issues by replying to this thread so we can investigate the reports further.

Kind Regards,

ChristineT

Message 2 of 3
myersw
Master

@ChristineT

Due to firmware issues I sold my r8000 and r8000p and went to a different vendor, Ubiquiti Unifi products. Unlike my experience with the Netgear routers their products just work. The Unifi products probably would be a stretch for average forum member I suspect. Have the solid wireless network in my house that I assumed I would get with the Netgear routers. Netgear used to be my go to vendor for routers and would recommend when asked by someone as to what to get. I would not today as the firmware from what I can tell on these forums has not improved and in some cases maybe even have regressed.  Have been suspicious that Netgear has gone to a 3rd party for firmware with the slowness of getting fixes for existing bugs. I do hope that the firmware gets better as the hardware seems to be solid. 

I hang out on the forums to be of help where I can, have experience with 3rd party firmware as well as just a networking background and by kudos number have been helpful.. 

The one bright note is that the Netgear modem I have has been rock solid. Sig gives what I currently have. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7