Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow readyshare speed on a CAX30

justin579
Guide

Slow readyshare speed on a CAX30

I get about like max 44mbs using an SSD connected to it. Tried copying from a HDD and a M.2, same result. Also I was using a USB stick before to test it before i purchased my SSD and I got like 6mb using it directly to my PC and when using it over the readyshare i got like 40kbps.

The slow write doesn't really bother me at all, the thing that bothers me is when i go to look at photos from my phone it can have a lag and have the loading when swapping between photos. And slowwww thumbnail loads. It seems if I look at a 6gb 4k video and scrub through it, i don't really see any issues.

I don't think my PC has the loading issue of swiping FAST between photos but DOES have the thumbnail lag really bad just like my phone.

I do have a powerful phone, note 20+ ultra.

I am using ES file explorer to look at that network folder, if there is a faster, more optimized app, please let me know.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Slow readyshare speed on a CAX30

To speed it up, you'd need to get an actual NAS or server. 

The built in usb features aren't going to be fast or a replacement for those needing a full NAS. 

They're more along the lines of a benefit. 

If you read any reviews on routers, they do test usb speeds and none of them are that great because a router's main job is routing, not network storage. 

Message 2 of 4
justin579
Guide

But my 2017 linksys router gets faster speed.

Also i forgot to mention, the modem cRASHES when using it sometimes. This happened with a drive and the usb stick....

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Maybe it does. Some device makers put more ephasis on the usb functionality.

You'll see that with any router testing. 

But if you're needing faster speeds, I'd be looking at getting an actual nas. Plus that way you could setup some redundancy/backup features. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7