Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Static routing on CAX80

Static routing on CAX80

Have a question/concern for the Netgear community - although I think this might be more of a feature inquiry than anything

Recently purchased a Nighthawk CAX80 modem, and replaced my Comcast DPC3941T DOCSIS 3.0 modem with it. Overall speed and functionality shows an improvement with my overall download/upload speeds which is great

Concern I have is when trying to utilize this to setup static routes against other routers in my home lab. Using the GUI interface for the CAX80, I see literally nothing which highlights an option to configure a manual static route. Seems like a pretty glaring feature limitation since a majority of other standard modems/routers (including the modem I just swapped this out with) has this functionality

Firmware version on the modem is = V2.1.3.5

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Does any of these article help configure and check static routing> 

https://www.netgear.com/search/?col=10&f.category.size=100&f.document_type.size=100&f.live_price.ran...

Message 2 of 8

The problem is that there is no option for “static routes” under the advanced section. I’m convinced that it’s just not an available option on this modem
Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You are correct. 

👍

Message 4 of 8
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mpeterson0418,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are communicating with the appropriate department about this feature. We will get back to you soon.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team​​​​​​

Message 5 of 8

Hi Oliver,

That would be great if you could get some further validation on that - or if possible even work to implement this feature in a future firmware release. If you're paying $400+ for a device, I'd think anyone would want some of those fun features to play around with

I also only suggest this - because I do know that some of your other netgear router models provide this functionality based on your KB articles = https://kb.netgear.com/24322/How-do-I-set-or-edit-static-routes-on-a-NETGEAR-router

Message 6 of 8
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @mpeterson0418,

Engineering confirmed that Static Routes are not supported on CAX80. The UM for CAX80 has no mention of Static Routes at all. We already asked our Marketing team to update the KB articles. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 7 of 8
robfos78
Initiate

Are there plans to add static routing as a feature or is there a model that does?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7