Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

TWC in NYC and Netgear C3000 Cable Modem - No One is Helping

b_3x
Aspirant

TWC in NYC and Netgear C3000 Cable Modem - No One is Helping

Hello Everyone, Since last week my internet is not working (Nov 3rd). Somehow my personal (not TWS) Netgear C3000 Firmware is "upgraded" to V2.02.26. Up until that it was working very good! Apparently TWC did some changes on their side, i have had quite a few calls with them since then, and they say they are working with Netgear to fix the issue. Meanwhile since it is my personal (1+ year old netgear router/modem) they have asked me to contact Netgear to downgrade the firmware (not sure who upgraded it in first place!!!). Netgear is requesting to renew the warranty for a price that is more expensive then buying a brand new router/modem from them (or from another company) and TWC is not willing to help. From what i read over the forums there is no way to manually downgrade the firmware to V1.01.11 that TWC is requesting. They don't have any ETA for a support to the issue they caused, I guess the only options i have are: 1. Disconnect from TWC 2. Buy a new modem/router (probably not netgear!) any thoughts?
Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: TWC in NYC and Netgear C3000 Cable Modem - No One is Helping

B_3x

I have sent you a Pm about the issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
Madison
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue. Bought modem in July 2015. Is there a resolution now? This post was 2 days ago
Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Madison 

Do you know what firmware you are on with your modem?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9
Madison
Aspirant

V2.02.26

Message 5 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Madison

I sent you a private message.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 9
azazel12312
Aspirant

The same exact thing happened to me. Time Warner Cable has sent 3 techs to our place now and they can't figure out what is going on.

Darren, can you message me the solution please?

Message 7 of 9
Kikikoz
Aspirant

I contacted TWC to upgrade the firmware of my NetGear C3000 from V1.01.11 to your newest V2.02.08. TWC informed me that there is no upgrade available. So, having some connections issues, I am in the situation where I have to buy a new modem or leased one of TWC modem, without guaranty that it will solve my problems. Any suggestion before I spend additional money?

PS: Reading the  C3000/C3700  FAQs and the messages posted on NetGear Community Site, I get the feeling that the situation could be complicated or is more complicated. My preliminary thoughts is that there is no need in the future  to buy a modem from NetGear or any other brand and that I am at the mercy TWC unless I decide to go via DSL.

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 8 of 9
azazel12312
Aspirant

I figured it out.

Hope this helps someone. For me...it was as easy as leaving the network name as the default one after a reset. It blew my mind. I just reset the router and didn't mess with anything, anything at all. And it has been working perfectly since then. I was getting disconnected every 10 minutes but now it's all good. Hope this helps someone

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7