Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is using my data?

WTFWWIW
Tutor

What is using my data?

Hi, I have been on the phone to comcast and they tell me that they can't give me a breakdown of my internet usage because I am using a netgear router and modem. If I was using their xfi equipment I would be able to track my data usage. 

Can someone tell me how I can track data usage on my netgear equipment so I can see on a calendar month basis what device is using what data and when?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: What is using my data?

What NG product model do you have? 

Try using Traffic Meter if it's supported on your NG product. This only gives a over all useage thru the router. Doesn't track anything to a specific device. 

Message 2 of 5
WTFWWIW
Tutor

Thanks for the reply look for link to specific device and time on usage apparently this is all avaliable to you if you rent gear through comcast so can't believe this is a gap that netgear hasn't addressed?

I have a CM1000 and R6300. Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
WTFWWIW
Tutor

Also, an EX7000

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender, R6300|Dual Band 11ac WiFi Router R6300
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would do a process of elimination. Turn off all devices. Start by adding just one and check. Use Traffic Meter to see if you notice any thing out of the ordinary. Turn on next device, keep doing this. You might find something.

Please continue to post about this in the router forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Good Luck. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7