Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Where is the SSID

Rajesh5
Aspirant

Where is the SSID

Hi, Just got a new Netgear CM700 cable modem with DOCISIS 3.0. This is for use with Comcast. I don't find any SSID under the unit or the box. I live in a place with 1 dozen plus wifi SSIDs, i tried connecting to anything that said Netgear, and when the password pops up (no user id, just like when connecting to any wifi) I have entered password and it does not work. I have a mac and there is no network jack to login to the gateway. Please let me know how to find the SSID. The unit is on and power is green. Does this not have a built in wifi router? Thanks

Message 1 of 5
VE6CGX
Master

Modem does not have SSID. Router wirelss section has a place to create SSID. Is the modem a combo unit like

modem and wireless router?

Message 2 of 5
Rajesh5
Aspirant

Thanks.. That may be it. Is CM700 compatable with google wifi router? i think it is generally yes but don't want to have issuse that make the combo sub optimal. 

Model: CM700|DOCSIS® 3.0 32x8
Message 3 of 5
Rajesh5
Aspirant

Can someone please confirm that the modem will work with Google wifi without any compromise? Thanks, Rajesh

Message 4 of 5
netwrks
Master

It's a modem. Can't see why it wouldn't work. Check to see if Google has a list of non-compliant modems for their setup..

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7