Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Works but Ethernet Not Working on c7000v2

Yeouiji
Aspirant

Wifi Works but Ethernet Not Working on c7000v2

The ethernet LED doesn't light up when I connect from the modem router to my pc. My pc is not the problem as this is happening around the house. Everyone can connect to the wifi just fine but the ethernet is a no go. The ethernet cables are brand new and work. I've called my isp and they have no problems on their end. I went into my admin portal and went show statistics. Lan 1, 2 , 3 ,4 has a status of link down while everything else is up and running. What is going on? This is out of the blue. Ethernet decided to stop working.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Yeouiji
Aspirant

Re: Wifi Works but Ethernet Not Working on c7000v2

I plugged the power cable into another power outlet and the modem just started working fully. The old outlet might very been faulty and giving it less power so there wasnt enough for the ethernet..? I don't know how that all works. Maybe I just got lucky. After 12 hours in a row of resetting, unplugging and replacing to same outlet, I can't believe it mightve just been a faulty power outlet.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Have you tried a reboot or a factory reset? Sometimes simple things can fix it

Message 2 of 4
Yeouiji
Aspirant

Yes I have rebooted it, factory reset, tried it in different rooms, tried different coax cables.
Message 3 of 4
Yeouiji
Aspirant

I plugged the power cable into another power outlet and the modem just started working fully. The old outlet might very been faulty and giving it less power so there wasnt enough for the ethernet..? I don't know how that all works. Maybe I just got lucky. After 12 hours in a row of resetting, unplugging and replacing to same outlet, I can't believe it mightve just been a faulty power outlet.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7