Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: c6250 xfinity says no

c6250xfinity
Initiate

c6250 xfinity says no

600mps level 6 months ago they did my install,  now say cert no good,  buy a new one  but reddit guy said not true,   what can I do? google fiber, cry?   it says on the box xfinity docsis 3.0 up to 680mps  tia. mark

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

You should be fine. It'll still work, it just won't git the speeds you're paying for. 

You can always call them and see if theres a discount to drop the speed you're paying for. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Xfinity has been changing their requirements for the speed tiers. It might have initially supported the 600mbps speed tier. But to decrease burden on their network, they've been requiring docsis 3.1 devices for the higher tiers and dropping the specs on the devices they support. 

Currently, that device on xfinity only supports up to the 200mbps tier. You might hit a bit faster as they over provision. 

Its even worse on cox, they're requiring docsis 3.1 for anything over 150mbps. 

Message 2 of 4
c6250xfinity
Initiate

Thanks for responding. I am a dinosaur with aol email. I watch youtubes i don't care about speed

the threat of turning off my internet, or not working, the letter says tomorrow!  Is this true?  can i just keep using my netgear modem/router and keep the threatening letters? they said a problem with certificate but you say docsis3.1.

i was in a panic so i ordered a xfinity gateway router 14.00 a month.  Planning to get google fiber.  terrible to scare away a customer and tell me my netgear is worthless.

now i have to do irs tax stuff, i live in fear.  thanks again sincerely appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You should be fine. It'll still work, it just won't git the speeds you're paying for. 

You can always call them and see if theres a discount to drop the speed you're paying for. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7