Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cable modem router model C3700 will only connect to my laptop

Farrah
Aspirant

cable modem router model C3700 will only connect to my laptop

I get the message: You are not connected to your Routers WIFI network. To access routerlogin.net your device must be connected to your Router's WIFI network.  Check your current connection and try again.

I used the 192.168.100.1 and finally got the laptop to pick up the WIFI after it said limited access or no internet. However now all the other wifi devices show no internet connection and before they would connect only one at a time. The 192.168.100.1 is missing several tabs it appears, the advanced tab only as Administration and has router mode set on NO, but when I change it to YES and apply the modem reboots and comes back to the NO mode. I downloaded the Netgear Genie for desktop and when I try to access the router I get a red error message: Netgear router is not found or not supported, Also make sure the router is not connected to the guest network of the router and no IPV6 is enabled.  I am not tech savvy and can not figure out how to get this Router to open up and do what I needs to do.

Yes, I have done a factory reset, unplugged the power for 30 seconds, and the CDM in the search bar.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: cable modem router model C3700 will only connect to my laptop

Hello Farrah

Try to remove the coax connection from the modem and then do the factory reset then try to setup the wireless. After that try to plug into the coax.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Farrah
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for responding.  I have tried everything under the sun.  I've downloaded the desk top app and genie wont let me in the router, my IP address shows some 50.30. number in cmd ipconfig/all  and the only one that will let me close to Genie is IP 192.168.100.1 and that has the router mode off, the Mac address blank, the IP address blank, DHCP off, and 0 for the starting frequency.  Any changes I apply will reboot and revert back.  I have tried wired with my laptop and other wireless devices, the routerlogin.net says I need to log on to the router network.  I swear never again will I buy a netgear product. grrrrr.

Message 3 of 5
Farrah
Aspirant

another thing, when I turn on a wireless device, it shows Neatgear34 and Netgear34-5G.  The password works for both, when I use the WPS it picks up the Netgear34-5G and that has a weird IP address and MAC address.  From my understanding the modem thinks there is another router and there for is defaulting to router mode off.  I have deleted all the networks from my devices and used just Netgear34, but still no connection.

Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Farrah

You also may want to check with your ISP if something is not coded correctly on your account it could disable the wireless.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7