Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't connect

jrzradi
Aspirant

can't connect

I have 2 desktops.one close by connects with the internet. The second has a long cable, about 30 ft. long. The second now comes up as limited access and I get an Isp starting with169.254 Etc. meaning no or poor connection. It worked fine on the Ubee moden from Time-Warner but not on the netgear modem. I tried cleaning the contacts and changing ports to no avail. When I plugged it back into the Ubee (before I had the WIFI disconnected) it would connect. It used to work on my old DSL also. Been trying everything I know for months, by no success. Ready to go back to the Ubee. Can anybody help me ?

Message 1 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: can't connect

Welcome to the community, @jrzradi

What's the exact model number of the NETGEAR device?

If you plug the cable to the port, do you get a light on the NETGEAR device to where you connected it?

Message 2 of 3
jrzradi
Aspirant

Re: can't connect

C3000. Yes, the green light was on. I found the Issue My ethernet cable of 50 ft. had too much resistance for the Netgear (though it worked fine with the Ubee & DSL). I replaced it with a new cat6 cable & it now works. Fortunately, I got it at 80% off at a Radio Shack store closing. So it seems the Netgear does have a very strong ethernet signal amplification I guess you get what you pay for.

Model: R2000|N300 WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7