Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't log in

Handgunz
Follower

can't log in

I have a c7000v2 and can't log in to the router.  I log in to neatgear website where I can't get any farther then the two questions. It won't let me do anything with out the right answers which I don't recall setting up and if I did I think I would know my brothers names.  I tried pushing the button on the back with a paperclip it didn't seem to do anything.  TIA. 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: can't log in

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 10 seconds then let go. Then log in to routerlogin.com or 192.168.0.1 or .1.1 using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

The default ip address for that router is 192.168.0.1

you can access it using the modem side ip address as well at 192.168.100.1

LIke @FURRYe38 says, try the factory reset. then set it up and write down your details so you don't forget them next time. 

There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

Message 3 of 4

@Handgunz wrote:

I tried pushing the button on the back with a paperclip it didn't seem to do anything. 

That's odd,  the other answers offered tell you to do something that you say you have done already. So it might help to address that bit.

Remember, the paperclip move has to be done when the power is on, and you need to press it long enough for the reset to take. About 10 seconds or until you see the lights on the front going all flashy on you.

How to update firmware on your NETGEAR product | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If you are trying to use the "password recovery" option, there is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7