Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cax80

Creekeris01
Aspirant

cax80

Unexplained overnight crash, won't reset or connect to cable, modem can't be found. Is it an old W7 computer update failure causing this?
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: cax80

What are the leds on the cax80 doing? (blinking, solid, color, etc for each one)

Message 2 of 5
Creekeris01
Aspirant

I get lights that eventually go all solid after an brief re-start, as is evidenced by the display of my NEST Digital Assistant beside it, as well as notification tones on household tablets and phones. It appears that for about 5 seconds I get internet, then zip. 

I am unable to access the setup, either thru the app or a desktop, desktop does not connect at all to "routerlogin" and the app information seems inaccurate and sporadic, continuously indicates "cannot connect" or "not found". Various attempts at Factory re-set (while powered, or from powered off) was useless, re-set did nothing, not even re-set the wifi name.

I suspect this year-old "Rental Money saver" is now a "High priced Paper weight", but am hoping I am wrong.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/NOTICE-Users-with-sudden-non-functioning-CAX80...

@Creekeris01 wrote:

I get lights that eventually go all solid after an brief re-start, as is evidenced by the display of my NEST Digital Assistant beside it, as well as notification tones on household tablets and phones. It appears that for about 5 seconds I get internet, then zip. 

I am unable to access the setup, either thru the app or a desktop, desktop does not connect at all to "routerlogin" and the app information seems inaccurate and sporadic, continuously indicates "cannot connect" or "not found". Various attempts at Factory re-set (while powered, or from powered off) was useless, re-set did nothing, not even re-set the wifi name.

I suspect this year-old "Rental Money saver" is now a "High priced Paper weight", but am hoping I am wrong.

Message 4 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Creekeris01,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with the modem. Please DM the following information:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred schedule (at least 2 days ahead)

Timezone:

Device S/N:

Alternatively, if you wish to be contacted via email only then kindly include your preferred email address.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7