cg3000dv2 Devices drop internet intermittently

birdieagle
Initiate

cg3000dv2 Devices drop internet intermittently

Information
Standard Specification CompliantDOCSIS 3.0
Hardware VersionR2.05A2
Software VersionV1.02.10T

Using with XFinity cable internet.  Using this modem/wifi router for about a year.  Annoying problem is that every so often a device (an iphone, ipad, directv console, will drop the internet connection.  The connection to the router shows strong, just can't access the internet.  Sometimes power cycling the device fixes it, sometimes have to cycle the router.  Just got a wifi range extender to amplify the signal throughout the house and after 2 days, now devices connected to it drop internet intermittently, and the range extender requires a reboot.  More of a hassle than anything as it is usually no more than once or twice a day, but is there a solution?

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: cg3000dv2 Devices drop internet intermittently

Hello Birdieagle

Have you adjusted the wireless channel on the router it could be something interfering with the wifi. We have a android app called Netgear wifi analytics which can show you what the best channel to set your wifi network on. 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
birdieagle
Initiate

I did try that and used wifi analytics to find the best channel with the lowest interference.  Still was experiencing intermittent device drops from internet access.  Decided to bag the old modem/wifi router and go with different equipment.  Thanks for your interest.

Message 3 of 4
kdobbs09
Initiate

I am having this issue as well. I have tried everything in the world I can think of. I tried 2 different cable outlets with a new cable, changed the channel multiple times, factory reset and gave it a new SSID and password and everything. When used with ethernet cable to my computer, it is smooth sailing, but the wireless does EXACTLY as OP described. Internet cuts out on all wireless connections, but the bars indicating connection to wireless router are full. I'm really not wanting to spend another $110 to be able to use my internet again. Anything else I can do? Thanks in advance!

Karen

Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7