Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: nighthawk cax80

Lizette
Follower

nighthawk cax80

Woke up this morning to no internet connection. Called Netgear for support for a Nighthawk CAx80 which I purchased 2 years ago for $500.00 and was told that I had top pay an additional $100-200 for troubleshooting the unit. I think this is a rip off. I can't understand paying $500.00 for something that only lasted 2 years. Netgear should be ashamed of themselves. I will leave a bad review on every platform I know about Netgear.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

I haven't found a company yet that will replace a device that's a year out of warranty. 

Yes they are expensive but there is always the risk of failure. Its why companies offer extended warranties or 3rd party warranties. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/NOTICE-Users-with-sudden-non-functioning-CAX80...

@Lizette wrote:

Woke up this morning to no internet connection. Called Netgear for support for a Nighthawk CAx80 which I purchased 2 years ago for $500.00 and was told that I had top pay an additional $100-200 for troubleshooting the unit. I think this is a rip off. I can't understand paying $500.00 for something that only lasted 2 years. Netgear should be ashamed of themselves. I will leave a bad review on every platform I know about Netgear.

Message 3 of 4
demfer
Initiate

worst customer service ever. Spent an hour on the phone with a bunch of clowns that only tried to extract money out of me and didn't care about addressing my issues with the CAX80 which is totally bricked. I think we're in class action territory now...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7