Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

vulnerable to attacks

paulmars
Aspirant

vulnerable to attacks

avast says "netgear Router vulnerable to attacks" "Solutions Upgrade your device's firmware, if possible"

well, otherwise it appears to be working fine. I bought in 2015 and it was a lot of trouble to set up. it would not work, so netgear told me to update the firmware. I did and it has worked fine since. I never did again. I dont want to chage something that works. Do i need to update this or is avast just trying to stress me?

ok, now netgear is trying to stress me. When I posted this, it dropped the model number that I filled in above and told me "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

I dont do HTML and now it wont let me re-type in the model # above. It is "wnr2000v5"

four times and im still trying: "Correct the highlighted errors and try again."

pa

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: vulnerable to attacks

Newer firmware version on the NG site - https://kb.netgear.com/000036680/WNR2000v5-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-42  - Release notes indicates some security fixes.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
paulmars
Aspirant

Firmware Version
V1.0.0.34

Message 2 of 4
paulmars
Aspirant

now avast sasy: "

Risks

Attackers can execute their own code on this device.

Attackers could completely control this device's system.

here we go again : "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

"

????

Message 3 of 4
netwrks
Master

Newer firmware version on the NG site - https://kb.netgear.com/000036680/WNR2000v5-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-42  - Release notes indicates some security fixes.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7