Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi problem

brad_2k
Follower

wifi problem

2 weeks ago, I began having Wi-Fi problems. It started 2 Thursdays ago and everyday since then my Wi-Fi goes out at 11am and doesn't come back on until 4pm. I've had a technician come out 3 times and troubleshoot and they say everything is perfect on their end, they've given me 3 new routers and checked everything that could have a problem. After 3 new routers and looking at everything, I am still having the same problem. The Technicians think its a power problem where there's not enough power, I checked to see how much power I am getting when the Wi-Fi stopped working and I got what I should be getting which is around 120 Volts. I even had an electrician come out and check and he said it wasn't a power issue. Has anyone ever had this problem before? How did it get fixed?

This has nothing to do with the product. I have no where else to go and need help. 

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: wifi problem

Are you checking the tip of the power adapter that plugs into the modem? 

Should read same volts and amps using a power meter. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem been performed?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed?

All wired devices are working ok? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7