Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 day fedex

sthnreb
Aspirant

2 day fedex

I just purchased the netgear c1700v modem and it says free 2 day fedex delivery.  However when checking out, it shows 5-6 days delivery time?  Do they simply lie about delivery time?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 2 day fedex

Something to contact NG about. Nothing we can do about this here in the forums. 

Message 2 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello sthnreb

Have you contacted support or received your unit yet?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 12
sthnreb
Aspirant

I did contact support and online shopping.  I never received a response.  And no, I still haven't received the modem.  The ad said order now and get 2 day Fedex shipping.  It's been about a week.  My credit card has been charged.  I simply don't have a clue as to what is going on to shipping or if they are out of stock or what?  They did send me a email saying thanks for registering.  I sent back and said I haven't received it, how can I register it?

Message 4 of 12
sthnreb
Aspirant

I just received an email saying it is shipping.  "We're happy to let you know your order has shipped via FedEx 2 Day. Please note that due to increased demand, delivery may be temporarily delayed. Remember, if you purchased multiple items they may ship separately."  It did go on to say it may be delayed.  Will post if I ever receive it.  I suppose they meant a week and 2 days?

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know when you get it. With all thats happening in the world, shipping will see delays. I ordered a PC first week of June, Never saw it. UPS seems to have lost it. I had or order another and it's finally arriving tomorrow. Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 12
sthnreb
Aspirant

I suppose I do need to post, the modem just arrived after a long waiting time.  Now, let's hope it works fine and not damaged.  

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. 

I would avoid paying any over night or 2 day shipping while current events are on going. 

Contact your ISP and help in getting it activated with there networking. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Message 8 of 12
sthnreb
Aspirant

The Fedex 2nd day air was their promotion to sell.  I do have R6 dual layered coax throughout.  I have a distribution box in basement with home runs to each outlet including the modem.  There are no spliters except to a power connector/booster upon entering house.  Comcast just ran a ground cable from my entry point to my power meter.  He said that is code now.  Comcast still has problems as I still get pixelations.  Sometimes, it even goes off for a bit.  Welcome to Comcast.  Power surges blew out my Arris modem because of cable not being properly grounded.  Comcast should be somewhat responsible.  

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, Ya, the ISP needs to make sure there side is fully working and setup well. 

I would recommend a good quality power strip or UPS backup system for your modem for these power outaged. Someting i have on mine so I can have some internet access while the power is out. Works well for my needs. 

Message 10 of 12
sthnreb
Aspirant

I have a CyberPower battery backup w/surge protection.  I just added a powered surge protector for the phone line.  After a week or so, I finally got the 2 day modem from Netgear.  I have it up and running now. 

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Hopefully it works well for you. 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7