Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5 Ghz wifi network drops/disappears frequently

Stan415
Aspirant

5 Ghz wifi network drops/disappears frequently

Got a new Nighthawk X4 C7500 a few weeks ago to use with my Comcast Xfinity service. For about the first week, it worked great- no issues. For the last 2 weeks or so, several times a day either the 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz wifi network will drop its connection on all devices. It's primarily the 5 ghz, but occassionally the 2.4 ghz won't connect either (sometimes both don't work simultaneously, sometimes 1 of them will be available). Sometimes the network won't display at all in the available networks list of my devices, and sometimes it will display and connect, but will say there is no internet. This is on a variety of devices: phones, TVs, speakers, etc. And I know it's not a router placement issue because when the 5 ghz network is working, the connection is very strong/fast throughout my house. Also, the network still won't show up as available sometimes when my device is 2 feet from the router. And I am the only network on the channel. Does anyone have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated.

Model: C7500|Nighthawk X4-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Stan415
Aspirant

Re: 5 Ghz wifi network drops/disappears frequently

Any advice at all...

Message 2 of 5
darlingt1
Aspirant

Any recommendations?  I can't push or go back on updates since Xfinity controls the firmware.

Message 3 of 5
darlingt1
Aspirant

Also this is getting worse.  Drop 2.4GHZ oftern and then 5 GHZ   I have tired everything listed on line from Reset fac default to start over, still has same firmware.  when can we get new firmware update????

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7