Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5g c7800

dmac1026
Aspirant

5g c7800

I just hooked up my c7800 and I was able to log into my 2.4 but when I switch to 5g and try and put password in thats the same as my 2.4 it wont let me log into the 5g

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: 5g c7800

Have you tried to log into the router and change the SSID and password of the 5ghz and test and see if your devices will connect to the network?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
dmac1026
Aspirant

Yes I did try that was on phone with Netgear for 1.5 hours. I went through 3 modems from amazon and sent all 3 back. Netgear couldn’t figure it out.
Message 3 of 4
Airpatrol
Guide

I am using a NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S AC3200 Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem Router (C7800). I get the same issue as others are having and reporting. I get the error "incorrect password" mostly when I have devices using 5g. I know my password is correct. I've only seen this issue with NetGear routers. I was planning to replace my wireless router with this combined cable modem wireless router. The wireless is portion is just useless now that most of the iOS devices I am using are having this issue. When I use my old wireless router I NEVER encounter this issue. I should NOT have to reset my iOS devices as a work around. This is a QC issue that NetGear does not seem to want to address. This seems to be an issue across the board regardless of they type routers manufactured by NetGear. If this is not an issue with other manufactures then NetGear needs to revisit their products having this issue. The only workaround I've found without having to reset my devices every 30 minutes to an hour is to disable the wireless portion of the modem and attach a wireless router that does not have this issue.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7