Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A TWC/Spectrum-Compatible Modem/Router w/Wireless That Can Be Shut Off

HiloJoe
Aspirant

A TWC/Spectrum-Compatible Modem/Router w/Wireless That Can Be Shut Off

I'm looking to by such a modem. I've a list from the local Spectrum office. It seems all the wired-only models they support do not have multiple RJ-45 ports. Only the wireless ones do. So, can I shut the wireless off in, say, the Netgear C3000-100NAS 3.0 Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router? It has 2 wired ethernet ports which is all I need anyway. But I need to shut the wireless off as it will interfere with my Samsung BD-F7500 Bluray Player that already has built-in wireless hub features I prefer to use.

Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

Re: A TWC/Spectrum-Compatible Modem/Router w/Wireless That Can Be Shut Off

Why don't you want to use the Wi-Fi on the C3000?  It should be more capable than any wireless functions provided by your BluRay Player.  I'm not really sure what "wireless hub" features you are referring to.  The manual states there's Wi-Fi Direct support but this is a poor man's peer-to-peer Wi-Fi network.  Only a single device can connect to the player at a time.  You'll be much better off with a real Wi-Fi network that all of your wireless devices can use to communicate with each other.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you can completely shut off the radios on the C3000, but you can always set the channel so that it doesn't interfere with your player.

Message 2 of 3
HiloJoe
Aspirant

Re: A TWC/Spectrum-Compatible Modem/Router w/Wireless That Can Be Shut Off

Thanks for the reply TheEther,

I'm looking at this modem more for it's NAS capability than it's wireless. All my wireless devices amount to none Smiley Wink I can of course turn it on at the modem when someone's visiting and needs it as you suggested. FYI and for anyone else who searches these posts, page 59 of the C3000 manual (found it after posting here; sorry!) references a Hardwired Wireless Switch that turns the radio on or off. I use the Samsung player to access Hulu, Netflix, and some general browsing in my parlor. I don't use it's wireless functions as I get frame drops and stutter at times while watching TV. Where I live, wired is more reliable, especially for 4k upscaling, and so I have a hardwired network.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7