Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1600 dropping connections for ~2 minutes randomly, sometimes 10 times in an hour

rsiii
Follower

AC1600 dropping connections for ~2 minutes randomly, sometimes 10 times in an hour

Basically my modem/router has been dropping connections left and right, the past week it's been doing it dozens of times per day, sometimes multiple times in the span of a few minutes. Not sure what's going on but the ISP wont help despite seeing a few people finding out it was due to the wiring on the ISP side. When it happens (at least the couple times I've seen it right when it happens) the power button turns red, back to green and then goes through the process of turning on the other lights.

Getting some common event logs, don't really understand what they mean or if they'd help narrow down what's wrong:

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out

For 5Ghz: channel 153, up to 1300Mbps

For 2.4Ghz: auto channel, up to 300Mbps

Both use WPA2-PSK [AES]

Checked the upstream and downstream power and they seem to be right in the middle of the reasonable ranges.

Any help would be awesome, and if there's any other information I can provide that might help figure things out please let me know!

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1600 dropping connections for ~2 minutes randomly, sometimes 10 times in an hour

Getting some common event logs, don't really understand what they mean or if they'd help narrow down what's wrong:

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out

F

Any help would be awesome, and if there's any other information I can provide that might help figure things out please let me know!

These errors tend to be line issues. 

Remove any splitters, attenuators, amplifiers from your line. 

Also, post a screen snip of the cable connections on here. They help in congunction with the actual logs. 

and it probably does mean the isp needs to check the line. If they refuse to do so and blame it on 3rd party equipment, I've been forced to rent a modem before to prove to an isp that it was their line. once they fixed it, I went back to the old modem. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7