Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1750 Model C6300 WiFi Cable Modem Router No WiFi lights

Needz
Follower

AC1750 Model C6300 WiFi Cable Modem Router No WiFi lights

Just moved into an apartment and plugged my modem/router in and it was working fine off of the previous residents connection. WiFi and everything.

This morning I have Spectrum (Time Warner Cable) come and set up my internet connection. A few minutes after the technician leaves the modem resets itself and the WiFi lights at the top and the 2.4 and 5 GHz lights are off when it finishes rebooting.

I have factory reset it multiple times, it looks promising and all of the correct lights are on minus the internet light. The internet light just blinks, after a few minutes of it blinking the modem resets itself back to the previous state of no WiFi i described above but the power, upload, download and internet lights are all on and solid. I attempted to have Spectrum activate my connection and they don't see the issue on their end.

I cannot connect to routerlogin.net when directly ethernet connected to my PC it states even with internet access:

"You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.net, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again."

When I attempt to connect through 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 the sites cannot be reached.

Anybody have similar issues?

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Needz

Did you ever resolve this it sounds like something is messed up with the registration of the modem to the new house on your ISP side its either not attached to the correct address or something in the provisioning is wrong.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
Thomas22580
Aspirant

I fight with the same issue, do you found a solution? i just figured the following sympthome;

When router was normally used it was on the following setting: ROUTER MODE ON

When i connected the router to Spectrum the router booted in: ROUTER MODE OFF

but i can not a fix on it yet... and spectrum says we do not know anything, even though i used same router with spectrum on old location...

Message 3 of 7
Aaeolien
Star

Have you found any fix for this?  I spent 7 hours with Spectrum support yesterday and have the exact same problem.  Factory reset of router/modem without Spectrum cable line plugged in, I have WiFi access to the internal network (no internet obviously).  Plug in cable line and wifi turns off and no access to any settings. 

Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

It does sound like something is wrong with the coding from the ISP I would ask for L3 or tier 3 support when calling in they have a better idea how to fix these issues rather than a L1 or tier 1 rep.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
ravid
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue on the exact same hardware and the same ISP. I just started a thread with the details of how it got messed up for me. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/Cannot-connect-to-wifi-on-AC1750-C6300-even-af...

Is Spectrum really doing this to turn people onto their Home Wifi paid service? Please post a resolution if any of you guys figure  it out. I have wasted a good 6 hours on the phone, mostly with Spectrum but have very little to show for it. As a community member suggested on my thread, I am going to call them tomorrow and ask them to revert whatever they may have pushed to get my router to stop broadcasting a wireless network. Will post on how that goes, but will also look for any other ideas here...

Message 6 of 7
Aaeolien
Star

Call spectrum and have them verify that"WiFi opt out code" are not attached to your account it your device. You may need to ask for a supervisor and then a level 3 support tech. These codes should not be attached to customer owned devices. They are for spectrum owned devices for folks who opt out of their garbage fee for having WiFi or whatever they are calling it these days.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7