Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 Netgear C6300 cable modem is intermittently working

AC1750 Netgear C6300 cable modem is intermittently working

Hi, my AC1750 Netgear C6300 cable modem is intermittently working. Sometime low band works, sometimes high band works and sometimes both seems to be down but lights on the modem are solid at all times. I tried restarting the modem multiple times but the issue still persist. Not sure if factory reset will resolve the issue. Please help!

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC1750 Netgear C6300 cable modem is intermittently working

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Message 2 of 5

There are too many wi-fi neighbours, but i never faced this problem until recently though i own this modem for couple of years. I tried updating the channels to as you suggested on both bands. If this doesn't solve the problem then i will try to do factory reset. I am skeptical about factory reset since that will leave me with connecting all the devices at home again. I will keep you posted on the status in a day

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have too many wifi nieghbors, you could be in a wifi congested area. Try turning down the power output of the wifi radios from 100% to 75 or 50%...Maybe found under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 4 of 5
oldman2
Aspirant

I you look under "ADVANCED > Administration > Wireless Channel" you can see all the neighbors wifi by channel number and yours wll be in blue and you can set yours to a less used channel

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7