Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 C6300 firewall settings

dolo264
Follower

AC1900 C6300 firewall settings

My car cannot connect to the Wi-Fi via the internet connection. Cox cable doesn't know what I'm talking about and suggested contacting Netgear. Tesla said that the settings on the router sometimes do not allow certain devices to connect. My actual device says AC1900, C6300 BD. I have an extender in my garage and it is showing Wi-Fi signal. When I try to connect my car to the Wi-Fi, it says it cannot find the IP address, check your DHCP settings.

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC1900 C6300 firewall settings

What is the Mfr and model# of the extender in the garage? Turn OFF the extender and see if the car will connect. 

What security modes are you using? Try WPA and TPIK or as a quick test, set all WPA to disable. See if the car will connect then. IF so, Re-enable WPA2 and AES only on the modems wifi. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC1900 C6300 firewall settings

What is the Mfr and model# of the extender in the garage? Turn OFF the extender and see if the car will connect. 

What security modes are you using? Try WPA and TPIK or as a quick test, set all WPA to disable. See if the car will connect then. IF so, Re-enable WPA2 and AES only on the modems wifi. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7