Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 C7000 LAN ports dead

PQM
Follower
Follower

AC1900 C7000 LAN ports dead

Was streaming TV & working earlier when all of my connections dropped (both WiFi & LAN). I assumed either the modem reset randomly or my service (WOW cable internet) dropped. Everything came back online except LAN connected devices. LAN light is not lit on the modem. I have power cycled numerous times as well as factory reset 3 times. Any ideas? In addition to the LAN light on the front not ligting up (although it does light up at reboot), the lights on the individual LAN ports are not lighting up to indicate activity. Have tried multiple cables (plus I dont think 4 different cables went bad at once).

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC1900 C7000 LAN ports dead

Hello PQM

Did you ever fix your LAN connections?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 12
ahamka
Aspirant

My LAN Ports just stopped working w/o cause.  I do see there is a new firmware update on my router  (V1.01.23) , I currently have V1.01.15 - Could this be the issue or is the device defective? 

Message 3 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ahamka

The firmware shouldn't be the issue with the ports have you tried a factory reset?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 12
bvardeman
Initiate

This just happened to my router today as well.  Has anyone found a solution to this?

Everything was working fine, then the LAN outlets all stopped working.  My wifi still works fine.  I have factory reset the router with no luck. 

Message 5 of 12
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

if you connect something, does it link? do you get link LEDs?

Message 6 of 12
bvardeman
Initiate

I do not.  I have tried restarting, reinstalling firmware, and factory resetting, and nothing seems to help.  

If I plug something into the LAN outlets, it just sits and does not register at all.  I have tried two different laptops, a desktop computer, and our home network.  The LAN light on the front of my unit doesnt light up anymore, and none of the lights on the back 4 LAN outlets work at all either.  I am thinking it is just 100% toast.  

Talked to netgear support on the phone last night but since I am out of warranty they couldnt do anything at all or even throw out any suggestions sadly. 

Message 7 of 12
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

where are you located? Please PM me. 

Message 8 of 12
KingNathanVI
Aspirant

100 NAS, Firmware:1.01.23, OS: Win10

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 9 of 12
KingNathanVI
Aspirant

Oops! I mean I am having the same problems even after numerous resets, factory resets, connecting to different ports with new and different ethernet cables, different devices, wifi works but not really well, and call support could not give me any reason to why this was happening except come to the community for help. That is sad! Lastly, my Ethernet LED never lights up and will not recognize a connection. We bought this in brand new online Oct/2016. Can anybody help us please asap? This was TOO expensive to have had so many problems.

Message 10 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello KingnathanVI

You may need to contact support again and if the unit is still under warranty may need a RMA on the unit.

DarrenM

Message 11 of 12
KingNathanVI
Aspirant

Lol! Well yeah I did call customers service again and they are sending another one, but I am upset with that because they make you pay money to send something back that is their defective product. I digress, but that does not give me a possible answer or answers to why that will happen to this modem. And thank you for your reply. I appreciate that.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7