Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 C7000v2 restarts, ISP claims not them.

chaos12135
Aspirant

AC1900 C7000v2 restarts, ISP claims not them.

I’ve had this modem/router for a few years now without issue, recently it started to appear to “restart on it own”, so I had it replaced with a brand new one from Best Buy.

This new one does the same thing. While losing connection there are some notable things that occur:
1st: attempting to connect via 192.168.0.1 (in my case I’ve left it defaultly to that) will show it’s not responding when the router starts acting up the way it does.
2nd: the LED indicator lights sometimes restart as if it’s been restarted, THIS IS NOT THE CASE EVERY TIME.
3rd: (reviewing the attachment) While looking at the Event log when the router restarts, this is typically what the router will share with me regarding what is or has happened. Since it restarts it first appears to show the starting of UNiX time of Jan 01, 1970 so I’d assume that all those dates are related to either just before it restarts or when it’s in the process of restarting.
4th nothing has changed regarding changes within the house hold, so I’d like take that out of the conclusion.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1900 C7000v2 restarts, ISP claims not them.

Do you also have your cable connections page info? (take a screensnip of it)

the docsdevresetnow command comes from the ISP/cmts to reset usually due to line/connection issues. 

Message 2 of 10
chaos12135
Aspirant

@plemansThank you for the reply,

I can screenshot that, but I'm not entirely sure what you'd be looking for in that page. All the signals according to Spectrum's documentations say that those numbers are within tolerance to their service.

I believe personally it has to do with the router function, rather than the modem function. The reason I came up with this conclusion is because of the issue previously mentioned that when it does begin to reset and the from LED's turn off I can't connect to the router's home page at 192.168.0.1 as it will indicate that it has stopped responding. Once it does allow me to connect to it, the "System up time" does not reset, but "Event Log" and "Logs" tab would indicate otherwise. This is just my speculation, this could be 100% wrong and it still is the modem forcing the router part to restart.

Despite, here is all the information that you have requested.

(looks like I can't post photos inline, so I'll have to make multiple posts with attachments.)

Message 3 of 10
chaos12135
Aspirant

2nd photo

Message 4 of 10
chaos12135
Aspirant

3rd photo

Message 5 of 10
chaos12135
Aspirant

last photo

Message 6 of 10
plemans
Guru

You have 1 channel out of spec. It could be going far enough outside of spec (plus it has errors) that its causing the cmts to trigger a reboot. 

Check the cables within the home for splitters, attenuators, amplifiers, or bad/loose/cheap/corroded connectors. 

I'd just move the modem to right where the coax enters the home. 

Message 7 of 10
chaos12135
Aspirant

I’m assuming you’re referring to ChannelID 32?

Also I live in an apartment, so I really don’t have access to the coax cable line any further then where it starts in our apartment. Do coax cable lines degrade over time, because the modem/router has not moved since it was placed there?
Message 8 of 10
plemans
Guru

Not usually but if something changed in the walls, you have a leak, ISP's hitting the line while changing someone else's setup, etc, there always could be issues. 

Message 9 of 10
chaos12135
Aspirant

I replaced the line with a brand new 6' coax cable and still the same issue, so I'm going to request their people come here and find out what's happening.

I'll come back here and post what is happening along with everything when they show up.

Thank you

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7