Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Accidentally factory reset router and unable to to connect to app (C7000v2)

GringiColombi
Follower

Accidentally factory reset router and unable to to connect to app (C7000v2)

I was trying to reset my router by disconnecting the modem for 10 seconds then reconnecting
how ever when I had seen that the lights were fine and it had indicated that the wifi was back up none of my devices had reconnected
so I went through the wifi list on my xbox and had seen that the default name was there and tried the default wifi password and it had worked
so this was when i had realized i had factory reset the modem
I then tried to change the wifi name and password but then the app was saying that the modem needed a firmware update and gave the option to either access routerlogin.net or to connect using remote access (when tapping remote access it says there are no devices)
however i cant access routerlogin.net on any of my devices, itll just readirect me to the netgear site

connection works fine 
im just unable to connect the modem to the app to reconfigure the name and password

ive tried unadding the modem and re adding the router but i still get the same screen as well..

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Accidentally factory reset router and unable to to connect to app (C7000v2)

try using its ip address. 192.168.0.1

you'll need to go through the setup process if you haven't. 

(if it asks you to use the app, there's a "i don't have a phone" link at the bottom of the page)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7