Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Add a trusted device

dalenohre
Follower

Add a trusted device

Hi.  I have a CG3000Dv2.

My mobile phone is listed as a trusted device when I look at the MAC filtering tab.  The phone says it's connected to my wifi...but it is not able to load webpages.  This just happened.

I also have a network extender for my mobile phone.  How can I add the network extender to the list of trusted devices?  I have its MAC address, but the Netgear router is somehow blocking it, I believe.

Thank you.

Dale

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Add a trusted device

Hello dalenohre 

You should be able to add your network extender on the MAC filtering tab by adding the mac address. As for the phone try to tell it to forget the network and reconnect to it see if this fixes the issues.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
awills
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM - I'm hoping you can assist.  When we access the 'MAC filtering' tab, the copy on the right reads, 'you can use the MAC Filtering page to block specific PCs based on their MAC address from access to the internet on selected days and times.'  Can you plesae clarify how we can use this section add a trusted devise?  We tried the 'trust all' setting under the 'Wireless Devices' tab and we are still having issues with computers / phones connecting.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello awills 

What devices are you having issues connecting to the network? mac filtering is a tool for people that want to only allow there own devices to connect to the network and keep others out not really a way to help devices connect to the network.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7