Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Amber Upstream Light

pmc3050
Tutor

Amber Upstream Light

I have a C6300 AC1750 modem & router with firmware version 2.01.20 (I think this is the most current version). The upstream light is amber, and I find that I occasionally have connectivity problems. From looking at other postings, I gather that my downstream channels may not be bonding properly. I tried power-cycling the modem. I tried changing the wi-fi channels used. I tried having Comcast check the signal strength (they found no problems in the signal coming into my house). Any more suggestions for fixes that I can try? 

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Amber Upstream Light

UPSTREAM = AMBER  means the UPSTREAM is NOT bonded. It is most likely happening since the US power is TOO HIGH. 

please post the screenshots and we can check. 

Message 2 of 43
pmc3050
Tutor

Screenshots of what? Of the router itself or of some particular information about the router's performance?

Message 3 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Message 4 of 43
pmc3050
Tutor

Here are the screenshots of my upstream and downstream power. DownstreamDownstreamUpstreamUpstream

Message 5 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

sorry, we cannot see the screenshot. 

cna you please post it again.?

Message 6 of 43
pmc3050
Tutor

Reposting screenshots. If you still cannot see them, please tell me a way to send them directly to you. DownloadDownload

UploadUpload

Message 7 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

your power levels are bad and you have partial Upstream. 3 out 4 channels are not being ranged in your case.

also, you have lot of uncorrectables as well.

Message 8 of 43
pmc3050
Tutor

So do you have any suggestions for fixing those problems? The cable company says the problem is with the router/modem.
Message 9 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

who is the ISP/Cable Company? do you have power level info from Cable company's product?  

Message 10 of 43
pmc3050
Tutor

I use Comcast/Xfinity for my ISP. I don't have official performance numbers from Comcast, but I found this information from a third-party source.  http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16085

Message 11 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

third party source numbers are ok. 

your US is going beyond 49dBmV and also are not physically connected to the node. it will need comcast to do a tech visit and fix the US connections. 

you can ask them to connect own box and see how many US come up. It will be similar state as C6300 where it will be partial service. 

Message 12 of 43
Aromero970
Aspirant

• I'm having the same problem with the upstream light rather than make another thread I figured I'd join this one here are my power levels
  • Screenshot_20170730-194015.png
Message 13 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@Aromero970

your power levels look find but you see 3 of your Upstream (US) channels are NOT locked. thats why US LED is AMBER since there is no US bonding. 

please post your event logs. It should show T3 timeouts on those Upstream channels.

Message 14 of 43
Aromero970
Aspirant

Srry it took me so long to respond i had dome unexpected things come up any ways here are my logsScreenshot_20170805-222720.pngk

Message 15 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

sorry, we cannot see screenshot. please post again.

Message 16 of 43
Aromero970
Aspirant

Screenshot_20170805-222720.png

Message 17 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

sorry, still cannot see it.

Message 18 of 43
Aromero970
Aspirant

Can plz tell me what am I so pose to be looking for and do I look in my log or event log cause there are two logs 

Message 19 of 43
Aromero970
Aspirant

Screenshot_20170811-181052.png

Message 20 of 43
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello aromero970

You have alot of T3 timeouts this indicates a issue with the cable signal I would suggest having a tech sent out from your ISP to check the lines in your home and outside the home.

DarrenM

Message 21 of 43
Wileycat221
Aspirant

Hi--

I'm having the same problem with the amber upstream light. I'd be obliged if you could take a look at my screen shots and advise.

Jen

Message 22 of 43
Wileycat221
Aspirant

Here's the event log to go with my question above.  Please see attached and thanks in advance.

Jen

Message 23 of 43
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Wileycat221

I am seeing timeouts in your logs which typically indicates a loss of signal with the ISP it could be as simple as removing a splitter in your home or it could be a issue on a line out in your neighborhood. You may want to have a tech come and check the lines.

DarrenM

Message 24 of 43
Akeeb4316
Aspirant

I have the same problem too but except I used to have a solid amber and get internet connection and then after a while the internet connection goes away even when the light turned green but still receive the wireless radio and sometimes I won't get the full download speed. Now presently after restarting a bunch of times and hard resetting maybe twice even unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in, I am currently having a solid amber upstream light and a green blinking downstream light with internet connection that's not really stable. I don't know if the green blinking is an issue. I have Xfinity Comcast as my isp. Please tell me what the issue is and how I can fix it?! Here are my upstream and downstream.
Message 25 of 43
Discussion stats
  • 42 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7