Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Another Slow LAN but fast Wifi problem

Codmaster7
Follower

Another Slow LAN but fast Wifi problem

I have read up on over a dozen posts on this forum that sound exactly like my issue and have tried everything I have read. However nothing is working so I decided to post my details and ask for help and advice.

My setup:

- Comcast Xfinity Gigabit internet service (recent change from BLAST; This is Gigabit via Coax, not Fiber)

- Arris SB8200 cable modem

- Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 Netgear router

-Main device being used: Xbox One X

Situation:

On my 5GHz wifi band I can get speeds around 300Mbps, but with my Xbox One X ethernet connection I only get 150 Mbps. With my Xbox connected directly to the SB8200 with the same ethernet cable I get 750Mbps. WIth my Xbox on WiFi I get around 250 Mbps. Something is limiting my LAN connection to around 150-200Mbps when through the router.

What I have tried:

- Many resets, including factory reset of the router

- Ethernet cables (5e mostly) for WAN and LAN connection with no change

- Disabling of QoS and all other optional features on the router

- I have tried turning QoS on then off etc

Any advice at all on what I can try is appreciated. Like another post I found with the exact same modem and router, I have isolated the issue to the LAN output of the router. WIth the exact same hardware connected to the modem I get likely the max provided by Comcast, however with the same hardware connected to the router the speed caps between 150-200Mbps or so. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Another Slow LAN but fast Wifi problem

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Good Luck. 

@Codmaster7 wrote:

I have read up on over a dozen posts on this forum that sound exactly like my issue and have tried everything I have read. However nothing is working so I decided to post my details and ask for help and advice.

My setup:

- Comcast Xfinity Gigabit internet service (recent change from BLAST; This is Gigabit via Coax, not Fiber)

- Arris SB8200 cable modem

- Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 Netgear router

-Main device being used: Xbox One X

Situation:

On my 5GHz wifi band I can get speeds around 300Mbps, but with my Xbox One X ethernet connection I only get 150 Mbps. With my Xbox connected directly to the SB8200 with the same ethernet cable I get 750Mbps. WIth my Xbox on WiFi I get around 250 Mbps. Something is limiting my LAN connection to around 150-200Mbps when through the router.

What I have tried:

- Many resets, including factory reset of the router

- Ethernet cables (5e mostly) for WAN and LAN connection with no change

- Disabling of QoS and all other optional features on the router

- I have tried turning QoS on then off etc

Any advice at all on what I can try is appreciated. Like another post I found with the exact same modem and router, I have isolated the issue to the LAN output of the router. WIth the exact same hardware connected to the modem I get likely the max provided by Comcast, however with the same hardware connected to the router the speed caps between 150-200Mbps or so. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7