Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Any word on when firwmare for CAX-80 (AX6000) will be updated?

Parmenedes
Aspirant

Any word on when firwmare for CAX-80 (AX6000) will be updated?

Firmware version 2.1.1.4 completely screwed up my multi-gig port, which was the main reason we bought this router in the first place.  It was working fine until this firmware version was pushed to my unit by Comcast, and factory resets don't work since Comcast just pushes the firware update to it after the reset.  The problem is that it drops the connection periodically on any machine plugged into it.  I've gotten nowhere with Comcast or Netgear tech support (as usual, they each blame the other party).  I've read other posts in various places about this happening after said firmware update, usually from Comcast customers.

Anyway, I've kind of given up on fixing it at this point and am just wondering if there's any word on new firmware being released anytime soon.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Any word on when firwmare for CAX-80 (AX6000) will be updated?

Something to keep in contact with NG support about. NG doesn't post or make it known when new FW versions are forth coming. 

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

also check your pc's mutligig port. I have a qnap 10g port that is very unreliable and drops connections constantly. 

I use it for periodic testing on one of my pc's but had to buy a new pci adapter for reliable 10g speeds. 

Message 3 of 5
CompuSmith
Aspirant

Firmware Version 2.1.2.6 for the CAX80 has been released.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

@Parmenedes 

Any progress on this?

@Parmenedes wrote:

Firmware version 2.1.1.4 completely screwed up my multi-gig port, which was the main reason we bought this router in the first place.  It was working fine until this firmware version was pushed to my unit by Comcast, and factory resets don't work since Comcast just pushes the firware update to it after the reset.  The problem is that it drops the connection periodically on any machine plugged into it.  I've gotten nowhere with Comcast or Netgear tech support (as usual, they each blame the other party).  I've read other posts in various places about this happening after said firmware update, usually from Comcast customers.

Anyway, I've kind of given up on fixing it at this point and am just wondering if there's any word on new firmware being released anytime soon.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7