Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Apple Airport Time Capsule & C7100V Nighthawk

mholmes205
Follower

Apple Airport Time Capsule & C7100V Nighthawk

I just installed a new C7100V to replace the rented Xfinity gateway.

With the Comcast set up, I had their router in bridge mode, and used my Apple Airport Time Capsule for my Wifi needs.

Now, I am trying do to the same with the C7100V. I go into the Netgear Genie I go Advanced > Administration > Router Mode > The click "No" to Router Mode to put the C7100V into "Bridge Mode", since I read that this is how it needs to be done with this device as per the user manual.

When I do that, the Apple device (which is connected via ethernet to port 1 on the V7100C) does not pick up signal.

For now, I just turned off the Wirless Networks on the C7100V under Advanced > Setup > Wireless Setup for both the 2.4g and 5g signals.

I feel like I am not going into "Bridge Mode" correctly, but I do not see anywhere that states "Bridge Mode" nor to I see "NAT Mode" as indicated in some other help discuissions.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Apple Airport Time Capsule & C7100V Nighthawk

Step-1, turn off WIFI

Step -2 Configure Nat mode = NO   (this is same as Bridge mode = YES)

Step 3 Connect ONE and ONLY ONE device on the ethernet LAN port after C7100V is powered ON. Most people make mistake of connecting multiple devices. If you change the devices on LAN port of C7100V, please REBOOT the devices to learn new MAC ADDRESS from the LAN device.

step 4. Connect your laptop behind apple router and check for internet. If it does not work, try FACTORY RESET on APPLE Airport express.

Message 2 of 3
PH1962
Aspirant

Re: Apple Airport Time Capsule & C7100V Nighthawk

I am having difficulty in getting the airport time capsule to connect to the wireless or hardwire network after replacing my Xfinity cable modem box with the NetGear C7100V. I have turned off the wireless and tried to follow instructions but not sure where to find the Nat Mode configuration setting.

Need some help with this.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7