Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Asking for wpa2 password after factory reset

Elsofo
Aspirant

Asking for wpa2 password after factory reset

I logged into my Netgear R7000 with the only intention of changing the passwords for both my 2.4G and 5G bands, to the same thing of course just more encrypted because I'm in the middle of a metropolitan area. When I first got to the homepage there was a firmware update that I performed successfully. I've been changed both passwords to the same thing and updated the page. It seems stuck on this page for several minutes until finally an error message came up across the entire page in bold letters which I told to a customer service rep on the phone. I didn't go ahead with the phone support because I am outside of the 90 day window for free phone support and they wanted to charge me a fair amount of money so I figure I can find everything online, I made a mistake of read starting my Mac laptop at the same time as I power cycled my router and therefore lost the error message before I wrote it down or screenshot it. Anyway I decided to do a factory reset of the router which seemed successful however when I choose my Netgear## from the list of WiFi choices it comes up with a WPA2 password for me to enter. I first tried the default "password". I've tried every password that I've used in reference to this router that I have meticulously kept in my 1password program but nothing works. There is no option for a username. Since Apple has eliminated ethernet ports on their newest laptops and I don't have the adapter for this I am stuck trying to deal with this through Wi-Fi. Worst case scenario oh I can borrow a friends laptop with ethernet but I'm just wondering if this is something that someone has a solution for. I've reset the modem probably 4 different times starting when everything was connected to it and finally the last time resetting it with it only being plugged into a power source. Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Asking for wpa2 password after factory reset

The factory Wi-Fi passwords are printed on a label attached to the router.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
Elsofo
Aspirant

Fixing a couple typos here:
I changed both passwords........It seemed stuck on this page ..... I made a mistake of re-starting my Mac......
Message 2 of 5
TheEther
Guru

The factory Wi-Fi passwords are printed on a label attached to the router.

Message 3 of 5
Elsofo
Aspirant

Of course they are!! I knew I was missing something. Thank you. I'll try now.
Message 4 of 5
Elsofo
Aspirant

Solved, thank you for the quick response.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7