Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500 routers and IPTV with lagging picture (Telekom)

BR500 routers and IPTV with lagging picture (Telekom)

I used to run a speedport Smart Router with Telekom Media Recivers, not many specific options around but working fine.

Now using the Speedport as DSL Modem -> BR500 -> GS728 -> Clients

All Insight managed. TV picture freezes after 5-10 sec.

Activated IGMP Snooping for the router and for all VLANs on the GS728 - result: still lagging TV picture

Trying to solve:

1. Separate Media receiver clients into VLAN 4089 which is proposed for video - Media Receiver don't get IP adress anymore even though DHCP is enabled

Hotine tells: IPTV and VLANs not possible on BR500 at the same time

IPTV VLAN 7 is needed to receive Internet from Telekom

2. Turn ports back to VLAN1 and try to set further multicast options on GS728 - no options available in Insight, just turn on/off

Hotline tells: take the GS728 away from Insight and manage locally

Further they have no clue what to do with Telekom Multicast, but I've seen some descritions here in the community.

Now anyone tells me what I should think of all this; having received "Thanks for choosing Netgear" for the 20th time. For a Business solution is this a very poor result.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You will be best served by posting in the VPN/Firewall forums for your model product. 

Good Luck. 

@ThomasNanninga wrote:

I used to run a speedport Smart Router with Telekom Media Recivers, not many specific options around but working fine.

Now using the Speedport as DSL Modem -> BR500 -> GS728 -> Clients

All Insight managed. TV picture freezes after 5-10 sec.

Activated IGMP Snooping for the router and for all VLANs on the GS728 - result: still lagging TV picture

Trying to solve:

1. Separate Media receiver clients into VLAN 4089 which is proposed for video - Media Receiver don't get IP adress anymore even though DHCP is enabled

Hotine tells: IPTV and VLANs not possible on BR500 at the same time

IPTV VLAN 7 is needed to receive Internet from Telekom

2. Turn ports back to VLAN1 and try to set further multicast options on GS728 - no options available in Insight, just turn on/off

Hotline tells: take the GS728 away from Insight and manage locally

Further they have no clue what to do with Telekom Multicast, but I've seen some descritions here in the community.

Now anyone tells me what I should think of all this; having received "Thanks for choosing Netgear" for the 20th time. For a Business solution is this a very poor result.

Message 2 of 6

It would be helpful to hear from a BR500 expert about the IPTV options or a strategy. There is a ticket since mid september which is nothing more that try & error without result. Two month without watching TV is funny even though, can spend more time on other things.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll find more experts in this forum regarding your product:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Hardware-VPN-Firewalls-and/bd-p/business-vpn-firewalls

Good Luck

Message 4 of 6

OK, seems this one can't be moved so I have reposted

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7