Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BRCM-LVG appearing since Gateway Updated to Netgear Genie

DVideo
Aspirant

BRCM-LVG appearing since Gateway Updated to Netgear Genie

We have an N450 (on the side it also says CG300Dv2)

Our gateway software must have auto updated to Netgear Genie. All the sudden we see BRCM-LVG appearin gin our network.

In Netgear Genie ReadyShare it shows it as a possible USB device. Is that what it is?

Should I disable it from Network Connection, HTTP and FTP?

Thanks for some answers.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DVideo
Aspirant

Re: BRCM-LVG appearing since Gateway Updated to Netgear Genie

Apparently when the modem/router auto updated the ademin interface to Netgear Genie it included options to use the USB port on the device to act as a storage location. That was showing up in my network connections as the cryptic BRCM-LVG. I went into Netgear Genie and just disabled it since I don't plan to use it.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Dvideo 

From what I have researched many people have had this device show up on the network it seems to be related to network storage devices do you have a NAS or some type of storage on your network?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
DVideo
Aspirant

Apparently when the modem/router auto updated the ademin interface to Netgear Genie it included options to use the USB port on the device to act as a storage location. That was showing up in my network connections as the cryptic BRCM-LVG. I went into Netgear Genie and just disabled it since I don't plan to use it.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7