Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BT Ultrafast G Fast compatibility

kbish13
Follower

BT Ultrafast G Fast compatibility

I wanted to pick your brains. I currently have BT ultrafast supplied by a dsl Gfast cable. I have an asus AX11000 which I want to use however I need a modem. Foolishly thining the Smart Hub 2 was like the old BT hubs where you could bridge and use like a modem apparently this is not an option. 

My question is, do you have any suggestions for any Netgear products would work as a Bridge modem like the DM200 (other suggestions wellcome), and is it BT Gfast compatible? What is your advice? I've been trying to figure out a solution all day. BT havent got a clue as they are trying to push their own hub. 

Model: DM200|Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: BT Ultrafast G Fast compatibility

Check with your ISP first to see what brand modems they officially support. 

Try to find a model modem that doesn't have a built in router first if possible. IF your connecting a external router, you really don't need a modem with a built in router already. 

The AX11000 is a good router.

Please be sure to post about any DSL modem questions in the DSL Modem forum. This is a Cable modem forum.

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: BT Ultrafast G Fast compatibility

No experience with BT G.fast, however we're operating several sites on the Swisscom BBCS (deploying Huawei 16 and 48 port mCAN in FTTS/FTTB). One of the few devices which can be run (resp. reconfigured) as a pure G.fast bridge ("modem") are the Zyxel XMG3927 (in fact a WiFi router). Our Swiss distributor does offer these pre-configured as G.fast bridges due to demand.

PS. No, Netgear does not have G.fast capable CPE - thus mentioning a third party brand.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7