Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bios upgrade

mdgillingham
Follower

Bios upgrade

I tried downloading the latest bios upgrade for my CM1000 modem.  Netgear says that the ISP needs to do the upgrade.  I started a chat with my ISP (Cox) and they said the bios upgrade is by download from the manufacturer!!!!!!  I am confused at this finger pointing.  So who is responsible?   Where do I go from here??

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Bios upgrade

Part of the docsis spec is the ISP has to update the firmware for modems. 

Netgear does submit the firmware to the isp for upgrades but half the time, the isp's don't push the upgrade because they have to certify it and that takes time and money. Which the isp's hate to do. 

Its one of the reasons we don't recommend combo devices because the router firmware is tied into it as well. 

At least yours is a stand alone modem device. There's not much you can do if cox isn't pushing the new firmware. You can check which version your on to the isp specific ones available. Sometimes a factory reset and reinstall will trigger the auto download to new firmware. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

Are you having issues with it that you think you need newer firmware? 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7