Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Brand new CMD31T Cable modem constantly dropping internet connection on Comcast

jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Brand new CMD31T Cable modem constantly dropping internet connection on Comcast

Alihector wrote:
Knock knock. Netgear has been BLACKLISTED from Charter. Again this means that NO NETGEAR modems are allowed to be connected going forward as of May 2012. Yet they as you can see are pretending this unit still can be sold for Charter. Fraud! I contacted the BBB and got a ridiculous letter back from a customer "support" rep asking for my help in researching how they were blacklisted and how they just never knew. Didn't offer me any solution. This is beyond outrageous. This is their business to know and to determine how to resolve it. They need to refund me for the unit and the cost of having a tech come out for an install with a different company's model. :mad:Next step Attorney General of CA office.

branded unit provided by Charter so I would contact Charter HQ about this matter.
Message 26 of 30
Alihector
Aspirant

Negatory. Charter has stated in this article concerning it's FAULTY EQUIPMENT the CMD31T that we are entitled to a refund. Hmm.... but yet customer service refuses to answer regarding my request and you wouldn't know it from here where they are still blaming the cable companies. http://www.eedailynews.com/2012/08/netgear-offers-refunds-to-owners-of.html
Message 27 of 30
istlota
Aspirant

It is unfortunate that both Netgear and Comcast are speaking somewhat vaguely about what they both know, without doubt, is a problem. They are doing this to try and delay what might one day be, and rightly so, a group settlement suit. Keep copies of your receipts girls and boys.

Comcast's issues are not just with the Netgear CMD31T. Browse over to their website and look thru the user forum about the problems with Arris Gateways which they themselves continue to supply to their customers and charge a monthly rental for.

People keep buying the CMD31T because it is one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest, cable modems BestBuy sells. And, both NETGEAR and Comcast continue to insist it is supported even though their techs certainly know, but probably have been instructed not to tell you, that there is a compatibility problem. Which is why you get such vague double talk even from at least one 'expert' on this forum. They may eventually suggest that you try a different model cable modem, but will stop short of saying, plainly, who is at fault.

Anyway, yes, there is a compatibility problem. And, no, neither Comcast or Netgear will admit it.

Buy some other model cable modem. That is the wisest course of action at this time.

But, this sort of highlights how you are screwed no matter what you do in a culture where capital overrules Truth. Obviously, there is no guarantee that Comcast might not upgrade their system, again, and that might lead to problems with some other vendor's cable modem.
Message 28 of 30
Lowbrowser
Aspirant

I have the EXACT same problem! Comcast technician came to the house to check the lines and he confirmed that the CMD31T is defective. He said this model has had hundreds of complaints and there is nothing comcast can do, it's a matter of the modem being defective. Netgear won't take ANY responsibility. I'm done with netgear and I am passing the word on. Netgear needs to own up to their responsibilities to the consumer.

Message 29 of 30
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Lowbrowser

I sorry you are having issues with the modem. If it is defective and not working you can contact Netgear phone support if its still under warranty and they will be able to help fix the issue or even replace the unit if it is broke.

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

DarrenM

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7