Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Building Mesh Network w/ Existing Modem Router Combo?

ejp29
Aspirant

Building Mesh Network w/ Existing Modem Router Combo?

At the beginning of the pandemic, I purchased a NETGEAR C6300-100NAS AC1750 WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo which has served us well. However, I'm moving out of a 1-BR apartment into a bigger place in the coming weeks and I'm looking into what my options might be for implementing a mesh network in my new condo. Are there NETGEAR WiFi Extenders that are compatible with my existing modem router combo? A lot of places online recommend switching to Google Nest (or another alternative), but I'm wondering if I can reach the same capabilities by building off what I already have? I'm a novice here, so any additional points of consideration are much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any insight shared! 

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Building Mesh Network w/ Existing Modem Router Combo?

How big is the condo you're moving to? 

Mesh networks and mesh extenders are great but they still need a certain distance between them or its a bit pointless to have them. 

You might try the router at the condo you're moving to just so you can see how well it covers and if you need to add an extender or a full mesh system. 

Message 2 of 4
ejp29
Aspirant

That’s a fair point. We’re going from 700 sq ft to 1800 sq ft (and two floors), so a bit more space to cover than we have previously!
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

that might cover the 1800sqft without problems if its centrally located. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7