Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C 7000 Nighthawk AC 1900

jackbmc
Tutor

C 7000 Nighthawk AC 1900

My 10 month old C 7000 periodically drops the 2.4 network and it can only be recovered when the router is re-booted.  The 5g stays operative.

Any suggestions?

Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 64 bytes of data:[Complete]
Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes = 64, time = <1 ms
3/3 replies received.
min time=0 ms, max time=10 ms, avg time=0 ms

Traceroute                                                        

Utility                               Ping                                                          
 Ping Test Parameters
 IPv4   IPv6
Target. .
Ping Size (in bytes)
No. of Pings
Ping Interval (in ms)

Results
To view result updates, click the REFRESH button.
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Jackbmc

Have you tried to change the 2.4ghz channel?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
jackbmc
Tutor

Darren,

Sorry, I'm not sure what I would change it to. If I'm not mistaken, and I could well be, if the wireless LED (not the 2.4 or 5) blinks ever so slightly every few seconds but erratically, and IF (a very big if) the blinking is a clue that the internet signal is getting interrupted, then both networks would be affected equally, right? For example I have two Ring doorbells, one on 2.4 and one on 5g. Both have some slightly broken audio AND video. That's what got me started on the question as to whether or not the slight blinking of the Wireless LED is a clue of loss signal or is it normal operation to blink. If someone with a C7000 could just observe their LED indicator for a steady or blinking slightly, split second blinking OR is it constantly solid green, that would answer my question. Otherwise my signal and speed are excellent (75-100 bps). Again, I'm referring to the LED INDICATOR for wireless...which is next to last indicator and directly above the WPS LED. Thanks!
Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Jackbmc

The lights should be solid if you think that maybe there is a hardware issue with the antennas then I would suggest contacting support if the modem is under warranty.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
jackbmc
Tutor

Thanks to the several community members who responded.  Ultimately, Time Warner concluded the Netgear C7000 was faulty and put that in an email to me.  The modem/router's Firmware had not been updated in 10 months which ordinarily would be done automatically.  However, this particular device would NOT connect with TW/Spectrum for the needed updates.  After contacting Netgear tech support and very lenthy discussions and holding times, Netgear decided to replace my unit and that process has begun.  So for now, the case is resolved (hopefully).  

As a side note, when you realize your device is way behind in Firmware updates the process of resolution can be cumbersum.  It was my initial thought that it was Netgear's responsibility to update the Firmware so I called them.  I was told that only ISP can do the updates.  I didn't believe that frankly.  BUT, I called TW and was told my multiple people that "only Netgear can update a Netgear product that you own.  If we had supplied the modem, WE would update it."  So, I called again to Netgear only to be told that TW must update the modem...they were not allowed to do so. Netgear did suggest I ask for a senior tech.  In my return call to TW, I ultimately got to speak to a senior tech and he confirmed that indeed TW does the update.  If had owned just a router then Netgear would have to update but since I owned the combination modem/router in the C7000 it was their responsibility.  This resulted in the multiple attempts to update...which they had been doing anyway for months.  Upon failure, they documented it for me.  It had been defective from day one.  Though the process was very, very long, I am grateful to TW and to Netgear for ultimately providing what appears to be a solution.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7