Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C3000 Modem/Router

3DPiper
Aspirant

C3000 Modem/Router

Our Comcast modem went out, so I picked up this modem/router at WalMart for $100.. The modem I had was an Ubee D3.0, the router I used with it was a Netgear WNDR4000..

Will this be comparable to what I had? Slower? Faster? I bought before researching (just needed to get back up and going) but all the reviews talk about how slow the WiFi is on the router..

Also: I notice on the netgear genie app, it says the router is not a netgear router..? It doesn't find the router to check for updates, nor can it activate the traffic meter..? All this worked fine before with my other router..
Message 1 of 5
sabretooth
Apprentice

What exactly was the make and model of the device you got at Walmart? If it's a gateway you need to put it in full bridge mode and connect your router.
Message 2 of 5
3DPiper
Aspirant

I one I got from Walmart is this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/NETGEAR-N300-Wi-Fi-Cable-Modem-Router-C3000/41744937

Everywhere I look it gets very low ratings.. I'm wondering if I should just buy a dedicated modem and hook my old router back up
Message 3 of 5
sabretooth
Apprentice

Well that is a gateway device, which are terrible for wireless connection. You should buy your on modem only like the Motorola SB6183 and add your own separate router for optimal results.
Message 4 of 5
lurzan
Novice

You have got a Gateway which works as MODEM as well as the router. It has the wireless built in but still you can make it work as modem alone by changing the operational mode to just MODEM and use your WNDR4000 as wireless router Find the specification with the link: http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modems-routers/C3000.aspx#tab-techspecs To disable router mode to make it only a modem: - open router gui using www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.0.1 - Go to advance page - click to Administration and then click to Router Mode - Select No and click to Apply
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7