Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3000 disconnect frequently

mckeehouse
Follower

C3000 disconnect frequently

I kept losing internet connection so I unplugged modem/router cable,power source, then replugged, restarted computer.  Internet now AOK, but my chromeast thingie can't be reset.  Tried from both desktop and phone to reset chromecast.  Computer recognizes chromecast, but apparantly chromecast doesn't recognize modem/router.  Any thoughts.  (and talk to me like I"m 5, or old)

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C3000 disconnect frequently

Hello Mckeehouse

You may need to do a hard reset on the chrome cast and go threw setting the chromecast up again. There is a button on the chromecast you can hold to do a reset.

Press and hold the black button, if all else fails.If you can't get your computer to connect to the Chromecast, you can still factory reset the device manually. Right below the microUSB port, there is a small black button. While the Chromecast is hooked up to the TV, press and hold the button for 25 seconds. When the light next to it begins blinking, you can let go. After a minute or two, the device will be reset, and you can try the initial setup process again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7